Analysis of the 2005 Cincinnati International Wine Festival
Submitted by pitzerjr on Fri, 02/13/2009 - 11:59am
- The median income of those who attended is $90,000.
- Most are age 35 to 59, but 28% are under 35 (young professionals)
and 7% are age 60 and over.
- 22% are visitors from outside the metropolitan area.
Wine Festival Influence
- 93% say they plan to purchase wine they saw or tasted at the Wine
- 84% plan to spend more money on wine as a result of the Wine
Impact on Downtown
- Combined, those who attended and winery staff purchased 790 room
nights in conjunction with the Wine Festival.
- Altogether, they spent over $400,000 at local hotels, restaurants, and
- The economic impact on downtown Cincinnati of new spending in the
downtown area comes to nearly $725,000.
- The overall economic impact of the Wine Festival on the metropolitan
area is almost $1.24 million.